The DRU Cultuurfabriek is THE central meeting place for cultural and creative activities and inspiring meetings in the municipality of Oude Ijsselstreek, situated in the restored Portiersgebouw of former iron works DRU. Nowadays the building serves as cast-iron culture temple. It has a theatre hall, a pop stage, an art cinema, a grand café and stylish meeting halls, all of them authentically, industrially and modernly furnished.
An iron works that puts creativity first: Not the most logical combination at first sight. We want to keep it like that. After all, it’s the combination that makes our location that unique. A building with walls that still breathe the long and impressive industrial history. Each year, the DRU Cultuurfabriek in Ulft is visited by more than 250.000 visitors.
The DRU Cultuurfabriek:
- Makes you enjoy a versatile program in the field of theatre, film and music
- Offers space to various partners from the municipality, such as the school of music, the library, the gallery and the local council.
- Offers a living room for activities of local clubs
- Is a breeding ground for creative development
- Offers an A1-location for events such as fairs, congresses, product presentations, meetings, (staff-) parties and weddings.
Huntenpop, Festivaart, the Achterhoek Spektakel Toer and Huntenkunst: Large events that are organized on the terrain around the DRU Cultuurfabriek. Would you like to write much more creative history together with us? Visit this pearl of the ‘Achterhoek’ region.